At the risk of sounding like a moderator for a self-help group, I have to say that addiction is a pain. Giving something full control over you. I think I’ve managed to stay away from anything addictive in my whole life. I might not be a strong person in spirit, but I am wisely cautious. However, when it comes to chocolate, I just totally give in. I often stop and wonder what’s so special about it. Voilà, here’s a list I’ve found. 😀
- Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.
— Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks), Forrest Gump
- Will work for chocolate
— Esther Schindler
- Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place.
— Hershey’s Chocolate
- Life is like a box of chocolates .. full of nuts!
— bumper sticker
- All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!
— Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)
- Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world’s perfect food.
— Michael Levine, nutrition researcher, as quoted in The Emperors of Chocolate: Inside the Secret World of Hershey and Mars
- Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty. Chocolate isn’t like premarital sex. It will not make you pregnant. And it always feels good.
— Lora Brody, author of Growing Up on the Chocolate Diet
- Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies..
— John Q. Tullius
- I never met a chocolate I didn’t like.
— Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation
- It’s not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let’s face it, far more reliable than a man.
— Miranda Ingram
- Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don’t need an appointment.
- The superiority of chocolate, both for health and nourishment, will soon give it the same preference over tea and coffee in America which it has in Spain.
— Thomas Jefferson
- There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.
- Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces
— Judith Viorst
- Other things are just food. But chocolate’s chocolate.
— Patrick Skene Catling
- If one swallows a cup of chocolate only three hours after a copious lunch, everything will be perfectly digested and there will still be room for dinner.
- Las cosas claras y el chocolate espeso.
(Ideas should be clear and chocolate thick.)
— Spanish proverb
- Biochemically, love is just like eating large amounts of chocolate.
— John Milton, The Devils Advocate
- If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?
— Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677
- Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go.
— Truman Capote
- What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.
— Katharine Hepburn
- Chocolate is a perfect food, as wholesome as it is delicious, a beneficent restorer of exhausted power. it is the best friend of those engaged in literary pursuits.
— Baron Justus von Liebig (1803-1873), German chemist